Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shoppe Windows


 I love this little painting!!! Several artists gathered in the small village of Zionsville, IN to take part in their Annual Brick Street Paintout.  Although I consider myself more of a "studio" painter, I do enjoy working "plein aire".  And I especially like it when there is a little "competition" involved.  My biggest challenge when painting outdoors is "what to paint?".  There is so much around you,  it is sometimes difficult to "edit" to find that perfect composition.  But, on this day, I found this charming little shoppe on Main Street.  I was immediately drawn to the chairs and dresses displayed in the large windows, and the red bicycle in front.  I really had fun with this painting and was pleased with my results.  And, by the way, I came in 2nd place!!!    

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! This is definitely different from your usual. I like it too!

    ReplyDelete